January 12 to July 12, 2010
From earthquake to groundbreaking
Our 6-Month Report
We have treated and cared for:
100’s of persons wounded in the earthquake,
300 people with amputations,
100 individuals with spinal cord injuries,
and supported 300 medical volunteers…
1. Immediately sent emergency medical response specialists to treat wounded, assess people with crushed limbs for amputations, provide physical medicine post amputation, attended to our staff’s needs.
2. Deployed volunteer medical team to set up public field clinic on headquarters property. Treated an average of 100 patients per day for several weeks.
3. Partnered with Handicap International in establishing off site prosthetic fabrication and physical therapy facility. Have fabricated and fitted more than 300 people with artificial limbs since March 1.
4. Supported care for more than 100 individuals with spinal cord injuries by means of training, assisting in care, and equipment provision at three centres managing inpatient SCI.
5. Supported more than 300 medical volunteers on the ground since the earthquake.
5. Assessed damages to 85% of headquarters buildings; repaired, renovated guesthouse to receive volunteer rotations.
6. Established new, off site medical and therapy clinic, restoring full services, while reconstructing.
7. See our site plan (link) for redevelopment of the Healing Hands for Haiti headquarters now - completion in one year.
Watch our site for groundbreaking news.